PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Book Review: Grimspace by Ann Aguirre


  • Mass Market Paperback: 320 pages
  • Publisher: Ace (February 26, 2008)
As the carrier of a rare gene, Sirantha Jax has the ability to jump ships through grimspace-a talent which makes her a highly prized navigator for the Corp. Then a crash landing kills everyone on board, leaving Jax in a jail cell with no memory of the crash. But her fun's not over. A group of rogue fighters frees her...for a price: her help in overthrowing the established order.

Sirantha carries the J-gene which lets her jump ships through Grimspace along with a pilot. It reminds me of Star Trek a little where they are able to go into warp speed (or whatever it is called) and then appear halfway across the galaxy. Jax is a fall guy and the "man" is hunting her down. She (and the crew that busted her out) get into a lot of life or death situations and bounce around alien planets looking for well...aliens to help their cause. It is a frustratingly interesting book. I say frustrating because sometimes it was hard for me to keep up with what is being said...so much data for my tiny brain. Okay, not really but I occasionally felt like I missed out on vital information that would explain what the hell they were talking about. This book is very sci-fi with action and a smidge of romance even. It was a new experience for me, definitely out of my comfort zone, but I loved it. Now I have to run out and get the next 2 books in the series.

4/5

This book was a gift. Any opinions are my own and no one elses.

No comments: