PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, October 14, 2011

Review: Ghost Trackers by Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson with Tim Waggoner

  • Paperback: 384 pages
  • Publisher: Gallery Books (September 13, 2011)
Goodreads Description:

In this spine-tingling new series, the stars of TV’s GHOST HUNTERS introduce readers to a team of paranormal investigators who reunite to defeat a sinister force they unleashed long ago. . . .

For fifteen years, Amber, Drew, and Trevor have barely been able to recall—let alone explain—what happened the terrifying night they decided to explore the old, abandoned Lowry House. According to local legend, the house was cursed by a dark past and inhabited by evil. It burst into flames on the night of their visit, leaving the friends traumatized and nearly dead with only vague memories of the frightening events they had witnessed inside. Now, on the eve of their high school reunion, they have gathered to reopen their investigation and figure out, once and for all, what took place that fateful night . . . before the supernatural entity they escaped threatens to overtake them again.

*************************************************

First I have to say I had no idea really what to expect from this book. I enjoyed Jason and Grant's books in which they recount investigations they have been on but I wasn't sure if they could pull off a story of total fiction. Ghost Trackers really surprised me because it turned out to be such an excellent story. Usually this isn't a genre I read because I am a wuss when it comes to spooky stories, but I am glad I read this one. Ghost Trackers is the first in a new series and I can't wait to read future installments.

Amber, Drew, and Trevor used to be friends until the night they entered the Lowry house. Since then they lost their memory of what really happened and they drifted apart. Cut to fifteen years later at their high school reunion. Strange things are happening and they decide to put together the missing pieces to figure out what happened that night so long ago. The story is kind of like a spooky mystery, which is what I really liked about it. It wasn't too over the top with the horror aspects, but there was enough scary parts to get the point across.

I really liked the characters and that they each brought something different to the table. Drew is a psychologist so he is the rational one and is able to get a lot of insight into the mental aspects; Trevor travels around collecting ghost stories to write about so he is a true believer in the paranormal already and is able to compare things that happen to other paranormal phenomena he has heard about; Amber basically has PTSD over what happened that night so long ago and is kind of a mess. Like the others she does bring a special element to their investigation into the past but it is difficult to put into words what that really is. Amber seemed to be more in the forefront of the story than the others but Trevor is my favorite of the three. I like his personality and humor and I hope that all that comes through even more in the future.

If you are looking for a typical ghost story this isn't it, but if you are willing to give it a chance you just might find that you like Ghost Trackers.

4.5/5


I received this book for review. Any opinions expressed are my own.

CymLowell

Photobucket

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like a good read! Stopping by from Cym Lowells link up.

Ashley @ Bookaholics Anonymous said...

This sounds really good actually, and I love watching ghost hunters.

Unknown said...

I've never seen Ghost Hunters, but if it's anything like the other ghost-related reality shows, I wouldn't be too optimistc.

The book is written by Waggoner, I presume entirely, so that could be a real plus.

mamabunny13 said...

ok...now I am intrigued. I'll leave myself a note to borrow this one from someone...ahem! :D

Martha Eskuchen said...

This book caught my eye at Cym's. Glad you liked it.

DMS said...

This book sounds much better than I expected it to be! I think my boufriend will love it because he loves the show Ghost Hunters. I like how you described the book. Thanks for sharing!

~Jess
http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/