PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Book Review: See Jane Score by Rachel Gibson

Mass Market Paperback: 384 pages
Publisher: Avon (January 28, 2003)

A little subdued. A little stubborn. A little tired of going out on blind dates with men who drive vans with sofas in the back, Jane Alcott is living the Single Girl existence in the big city. She is also leading a double life. By day, she's a reporter covering the raucous Seattle Chinooks hockey team-especially their notorious goalie Luc Martineau. By night, she's a writer, secretly creating the scandalous adventures of "Honey Pie"...the magazine series that has all the men talking.

Luc has made his feelings about parasite reporters-and Jane-perfectly clear. But if he thinks he's going to make her life miserable, he'd better think again.

For as long as he can remember, Luc has been single-minded about his career. The last thing he needs is a smart-mouthed, pain-in-the-backside reporter digging into his past and getting in his way. But once the little reporter sheds her black and gray clothes in favor of a sexy red dress, Luc sees that there is more to Jane than originally meets the eye.
................................................................................................................................................................

It is EXTREMELY rare for me to read contemporary romance. I probably read about one per year. It just isn't really my thing...I guess because it does not provide enough escape from the norm. Even more rare is for me to actually enjoy a contemporary romance. I usually find them boring. However, I felt drawn to this book and was very surprised that I loved this book! The thing I liked most was that Jane and Luc did not fall in love immediately. They did not get along at all in the beginning. I am not a believer in love at first sight so this book seemed more realistic to me, which is how I believe contemporary romances should be. It was a fun, quick read that anyone who loves to read romance would most likely enjoy.

4.5/5

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Wow, this sounds like a wonderful and cute read that I need to buy. Thank you so much for making me aware of this one, and great review!