PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Review: Seduced by Destiny by Kira Morgan

Seduced by Destiny by Kira Morgan
  • Mass Market Paperback: 352 pages
  • Publisher: Forever (March 1, 2011)
Goodreads Description:

SWORN TO REVENGE

All her life, Josselin Ancrum has been trained for combat, hoping to exact vengeance for her heroic mother, who was killed fighting the English. When asked to spy for the Scottish Queen, Jossy joyfully accepts. But when a handsome stranger rescues her from sudden danger, his charm distracts her from her mission.

SHROUDED BY SECRECY

On the surface, Drew MacAdam may appear to be nothing more than a carefree champion, but his heart harbors a dark secret: This Highland hero is actually a skilled English soldier with a hatred for war and for the Scottish. Yet from the moment he meets the feisty Jossy, he's captured by her fiercely loyal heart. He's determined the honey-haired lass will be his ultimate prize - until the tragedy of their entwined legacies is revealed. Are these star-crossed lovers to be divided by their pasts? Or will they be...
***********************************
Josselin is an impulsive and headstrong female. I often find these traits appealing in a heroine, but in this case I felt that she was always too quick to jump to conclusions and a bit naive about the intentions of others. I guess she just kind of rubbed me the wrong way so I never really felt any emotions towards her character. As for Drew, the Englishman masquerading as a golfing Highlander, I thought he was a bit uninteresting which was a surprise since he sounded like a unique and intriguing character at first. The description of the book makes it sound like the story is full of drama and adventure...it (sort of) is, but nothing heart pumping or jaw dropping. I think I just expected a little more. The story is not a bad one, it is just not a great one. Connecting with the characters is something very important for me and if I don't have that then I tend not to enjoy a story. I do think many people who enjoy historical romances would like this book, I just don't happen to be one of them.

3/5

I received a copy of this book for review from the publisher. Any opinions expressed are my own.

CymLowell
Photobucket

No comments: