PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday #18

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


How to Woo a Reluctant Lady (Hellions of Halstead Hall, Book 3)
by Sabrina Jeffries

  • Mass Market Paperback: 384 pages
  • Publisher: Pocket Star (January 18, 2011)
Amazon Description:

When a charming rogue proposes she marry him to meet her grandmother’s ultimatum, the Sharpe clan’s strong-willed sister makes a tempting counter-offer that preserves her inheritance and ignites his imagination.

Lady Minerva Sharpe has the perfect plan to thwart her grandmother’s demands: become engaged to a rogue! Surely Gran would rather release her inheritance than see her wed a scoundrel. And who better to play the part of Minerva’s would-be husband than wild barrister Giles Masters, the very inspiration for the handsome spy in the popular Gothic novels she writes? The memory of his passionate kiss on her nineteenth birthday has lingered in Minerva’s imagination, though she has no intention of really falling for such a rakehell, much less marrying him. Little does she know, he really is a covert government operative. When they team up to investigate the mystery behind her parents’ deaths, their fake betrothal leads to red-hot desire. Then Minerva discovers Giles’s secret double life, and he must use all the cunning tricks of his trade to find his way back into her heart.





4 comments:

Kimberly said...

That's a fantastic pick!!!! It also happens to be the same book I'm waiting on this week ;) LOL.

I love the Sharpe siblings and Minerva's been my favorite. I was going to eat my hat if Giles wasn't her hero.

Kat
Wit and Sin

June G said...

Ah...A romance. I love these kind of books. Fresh choice! Haven't read nay in a while. Thanks.

Jackie said...

Raelena you have given me another one to put on my Paperback Swap wish list! Have the series on my radar and glad you posted this one so it reminded me about book #3! Hope you get a copy to read too!

My Books this week

jackie ^_^

Alayne said...

Looks steamy! Nice pick. My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.