PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, December 3, 2010

Product Review: Bed of Nails

Bed of Nails is a mat covered with tiny spikes (as the name implies). There are 6000 acupressure points on the mat! Acupressure is similar to acupuncture except instead of using needles it uses pressure to heal and relieve tension. Bed of Nails is actually scientifically proven to relieve pain.

I always feel exhausted, achy, and like I have zero energy. It is frustrating to feel this way all the time, but since I received the Bed of Nails my energy level has practically skyrocketed. The way I feel after using the mat is similar to the feeling you get from a great workout. It is like a rush. When you lay on the mat you begin to feel heat spread through your back (in a good way) as endorphins are released, which is the body's natural pain reliever. To me it felt like I was being charged up. When you first start using the mat you may want to wear a thin shirt or tank top until you get used to the feeling...it can be a little intense for some people. Although I have a high tolerance for pain I have sensitive skin so I decided to try it with a shirt first. I didn't like it with the shirt on so I took the shirt off and laid on it directly. It felt a tiny bit uncomfortable for about a minute until I started to feel the heat spread. I got used to the feeling very quickly and actually enjoyed it. After using it your back will be a little red. On my pale skin it resembles a light sunburn and the mat also leaves behind some indentation marks, but don't worry because it fades relatively quickly. You just might not want to go out in a tank top immediately after. It is recommended that Bed of Nails be used every day for 10-30 minutes for maximum effect. I use it in 10 minute intervals throughout the day when I feel I need a pick me up.

Other than relieving pain and increasing energy levels, Bed of Nails can also help with:

  • reducing anxiety and stress
  • improving sleep and relieving insomnia
  • improving circulation
  • improving skin complexion
  • relieving constipation
  • cellulite
That is a pretty wide variety of benefits! You can also buy a Bed of Nails pillow which could help with lower back pain or neck pain. Now, the mat IS sharp so it is definitely not for children under 5 and you should also keep it away from pets. The mat can be hand washed which I think is a pretty useful feature. Bed of Nails is an exciting product. Everyone who has seen it at my house was immediately drawn to it and asked what it is. Just about everyone wanted to try it out! I thought long and hard about if there were any drawbacks to this product and my conclusion is there aren't any. This product has already helped me so much in the short time I have had it that it makes me want to cry from gratefulness that this product exists (I know, a little dramatic but it's true)...and it is affordable!

To learn more about Bed of Nails and/or to buy one, just head over to the Bed of Nails website.

I received this product from Bed of Nails to review. Any opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: